Brand new Mini-URL application version 0.3 (last update before was 2006).
- Completely rewritten
- Custom URL identifier could be 255 characters long (only 32 before)
- 72 characters allowed, allowing to do very short URLs
- Preview feature
How to use the API?
Just request the service URL with those parameters:
- api (mandatory, could be js, json, xml or text)
- url (mandatory, url to shorten)
- id (optional, wanted id in shortened url)
Answer is two elements, first is success of URL creation, either 0 or 1. Second is error message in case of request failure or created URL in case of success.
How to use the preview feature?
Just append &preview at the end of the shortened URL.
Setup: just place the file on your server and run it in a web browser. You just need PHP5 with SQLite installed.